Strategic AI-Powered Search Engine Marketing
The main marketing challenge TheHub was facing was a lack of relevant traffic across the board on both Bing and Google search engines. The majority of their traffic was coming through a few social channels which were very well optimized. The client’s direct and social traffic channels were the main sources of leads for our client, but search engine traffic was practically non-existent. This was a unique educational and fast growth opportunity for our client’s B2B SaaS platform.
We wanted to test out different keywords with layered audiences quickly and we proceeded to research high intent and very relevant keywords and audiences that we thought would work well for our next part of the program that followed AI-Powered search engine marketing.
Our first goal with launching SEM campaigns on Google and Bing was to identify the “buying” or “high intent” keywords that convert well for TheHub through search. We wanted to identify our core audiences that would respond best to our client’s SaaS message. Our paid search ad strategy was focused on highly-targeted keywords with specific B2B LinkedIn and Google audiences layered on top of our search campaigns. This key factor along with specific bidding strategies helped us utilize the full power of Machine Learning that Google can offer.
On top of that, we were also able to utilize own AI-Powered platform to boost performance for campaigns that didn’t qualify for Google’s Machine learning algorithms to bid efficiently. Our aim was to find an efficient CPA “sweet spot” that was high enough to maintain bidding consistency and maintain efficiencies to drive business performance every day.
Our primary focus was on maintaining the following:
- High-quality scores
- Consistently high click-through-rates
- Launching a consistent # of A/B ad tests monthly
- Launching a consistent # of multivariate landing page tests monthly
- Maintaining a high enough search impression share to ensure we maintain leadership in the specified markets
- Maintaining 1st ad position leadership for branded terms
- Continuously identifying high intent keywords to test long tail and short tail keywords for profitability
- Optimizing performance around specific hours of the day
- Hyper-targeting our audience at the right time to maximize the chance of a conversion
- Using AI-Powered tech to automatically increase and lower bid adjustments across specific geo-locations, audiences, keywords, devices, time of day and searcher’s history to ensure we reach the perfect customer when they’re ready to engage with TheHub’s offer
- CPC: Using AI-Powered bidding software for bid management to ensure we stay competitive in the market place and use our budgets where it matters most and keeps our cost-per-click reasonable enough to maintain the traffic levels and conversion rates
- Putting more budget into high converting campaigns, according to conversion data
- Analyzing Google analytics engagement data to find keywords that had unusually high bounce rates and low time spent on site
Strategic Display Prospecting and Display Re-Marketing
Prospecting for new and interested potential customers using Google’s standard and smart display campaigns was mission-critical for the client’s sales pipeline. Leveraging highly segmented audiences for re-marketing campaigns was another essential component of our client’s strategy to ensure we brought in relevant traffic that was already showing strong interest based on conversion and engagement data. This type of approach helped us convert valuable site visitors into demo requests and real customers, by reminding them about a relevant offer.
By being very aggressive with retargeting bids and setting higher CPA targets for warm audiences with the re-marketing campaign, we were able to leverage the engaged prospects and continuously build up trust through valuable content. This allowed us to turn them into high-quality marketing qualified leads and high LTV customers.
AI-Powered Inbound Content Marketing & SEO
Our goal with search engine optimization was to focus on topic gaps that existed within the client’s content as well as developing a content brief strategy that would rank for specific keywords significantly faster. We picked out keywords that were high intent and those that would convert well from organic sources, based on paid search data.
Unlike many agencies, that rank a client’s website on the first page of Google for relevant keywords, we tested our keyword strategy thoroughly to get precious data that would shape our inbound marketing strategy and ensure we hit our business goals.
This means as we ranked our client at the top of Google, we brought in highly targeted traffic that was highly engaged and ready to demo the platform. This long-term play was a highly complex process with a lot of moving parts, and with due diligence, we mapped out a clear customer journey path eliminating pain points along the way.
Our program was focused on:
- AI-Powered content optimization focused on filling content topic gaps
- Developing content briefs and the main pillar content pieces
- Anchor text optimizations
- Interlinking onsite content
- Increasing site speed on mobile and desktop through page speed insights tools
- Optimizing social profiles and building authority on specific topics by spreading the message on relevant social platforms like Quora, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Medium.
- Making all pages on the website mobile responsive.
- Fixing technical issues onsite like broken links, missing alt tags descriptions for images, missing or duplicate meta descriptions, titles tags and addressing duplicate content
Marketing Outcomes and Results:
Measuring our results on a monthly and quarterly basis, after 5 months AI-Powered paid media campaigns were able to 3x the client’s demo requests from 25 to 80 while maximizing efficiency on the same budget throughout the entire 12-month period.
Our CPC also saw a 25% reduction over the 5 months period, increasing the client’s traffic and improving the conversion rate from 2.98% to 8.23% after the 5-month mark. Continuous improvement of CTR was another key component and we were able to 3x the non-branded account CTR from 2.3% to 6.9% over the 12-month period through rigorous ad-testing.
First page Google ranking results for 90% of keywords were achieved after a 7-month period for our highly targeted short-tail keywords. Our approach allowed us to rank for 90% of the keywords we selected from our PPC campaigns. Continuous on-page and off-page optimization with external and internal link building strategies brought us consistency in rankings that were solidified for the long-term.